Thank you!
When I thought nobody would bother, a trusty friend remembered. I was so surprised to receive this today! This is not an exaggeration, but I cried because I was so touched. It may not have been a big present, but it made me feel so loved in a long while. Today, I felt like my efforts had finally paid off somehow.
I know everyone is busy, and birthdays are so easily forgotten, and I myself forget too. I even forgot my own birthday. I don't expect my friends to wish me a happy birthday, because I know I might have forgotten about theirs at one point too.
In the past two years since my 21st, i haven't felt the significance of my birthday at all. But I do remember instances where I felt so loved, whether or not that person intended to make it that way for me. Like Huiping, who bought me a cake last year, when I forgot about her birthday although I know the date very well. Or Zheeloong, who called to wish a happy birthday. Yingjie, who never fails to send me a lengthy SMS.
So today adds another instance. Thanks a lot Jane, I got your wishes even though you wrote nothing in it. :))
I know everyone is busy, and birthdays are so easily forgotten, and I myself forget too. I even forgot my own birthday. I don't expect my friends to wish me a happy birthday, because I know I might have forgotten about theirs at one point too.
In the past two years since my 21st, i haven't felt the significance of my birthday at all. But I do remember instances where I felt so loved, whether or not that person intended to make it that way for me. Like Huiping, who bought me a cake last year, when I forgot about her birthday although I know the date very well. Or Zheeloong, who called to wish a happy birthday. Yingjie, who never fails to send me a lengthy SMS.
So today adds another instance. Thanks a lot Jane, I got your wishes even though you wrote nothing in it. :))


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home