Over Time
''Can a man and a woman truly be friends without ever falling in love? How large is the line between friendship and love, or does it even exist at all?''
This was a 1999 drama i watched when i was still in primary school. Was one of my favourite dramas then. but as you know sometimes when you re-watch your old favourites, you don't see what's so awesome about it. This time, I wasn't disappointed. it's still as wonderful as i first watched it. =)
It's a story about a 30-year-old who is seeking for someone to spend her life with. She moves in with her friend and becomes best buddies with her friend's brother. As she spends more time with him, she finds that he becomes more than just a friend. He also develops mixed feelings about their relationship. Eventually she finds security in a kind doctor who likes her a lot and chooses him instead.
This show didn't top viewership ratings in Japan. But i really love it. the humour's atypical of dramas in that era, the story's great, the guy's handsome...what's there not to like? =D
Perhaps, it's because i can relate to the story in some ways.
I always wanted to figure out how to catch an egg the way they did in the show. I used to have one of those glass figurines, in fact i think it's the exact same one! I wanted to visit the Tokyo Tower and watch the lights go out at midnight.
The thing about old jap dramas is that, they're always dreamy, fairytale-like and oh-so-perfect. Never grow up watching jap dramas, they give you all the wrong ideas. sheesh.
You know, I came to this show because I was thinking about Christmas. and the most interesting part of the drama happened during Christmas. I like Christmas a lot, or winter, for that matter. It's probably gotta do with it being at the end of the year, snow and lots of love stories. hhaha! Winter's the season for romance,yes?
Christmas used to mean a lot to me, but less so now, as with many other things in my life. Change is the only constant. Some things don't have to be said to be set in stone. But the best thing that comes out from it? We come out from it a better person. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. =)
And yes just sidetracking a little, I will marry any guy who can give me constant supply of macadamia nuts!!! oh my god, macadamia nuts are heaven. Quotes yj when I told her dogs can't eat macadamias: "The dogs don't know what they're missing out!" Word. GIVE ME A MACADAMIA FARMER AND I'LL LOVE HIM FOREVER (I mean, the nuts)!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home